Nov. 24 at 2 pm– Jean-Samuel Bez & Jean-Luc Therrien
The Clearly Musical Home Concert Series features musicians in up-close experiences in the Heart of Richmond Hill. You will have the opportunity to clearly see and hear the musicians and ask questions to learn more about the music and the performers!
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS
Born in Pontarlier (France), the violinist Jean Samuel Bez started playing the violin thanks to Krystina Mugica. Attracted pretty early by chamber music, he very soon became a regular of the local scenes and has been playing in various festivals such as Les Nuits de Joux, les Ariolicales, Automne musical en Val de Saône, and more.
Jean-Samuel was unanimously 1st prize of the Conservatory of Dijon and 1st prize of excellence and virtuosity in the Conservatory of Music of Rueil-Malmaison before integrating the Royal Conservatory of Music of Brussels (Belgium) in the class of Veronique Bogaerts. There he passed his diplomas with High Distinction and was granted the Pappaerts Prize in 2016, as a reward for an exceptional academic path.
Jean Samuel is the laureate of numerous prizes, scholarships and international competitions including the Jury Prize in the International Music Competition in Malte (2015), the Hanseez-Castilhon and Horlais Dapsens Prizes in Brussels (2016), the 1st Prize in the Svirel International Music Competition (Slovenia, 2017) and 1st Prize in the Luigi Zanuccoli International Music (Italy, 2017).
He has played several times as a soloist: with the Ensemble Orchestral of Dijon (France), the University Orchestra of Burgondy (France), the Philharmony of Budweis (Czech Republic) and the Sotiropoulos Camerata of Brussels (Belgium), interpreting among others the concertos of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovski and Wieniawski.
Jean-Samuel’s passion for chamber music, strengthened at the contact of eminent musicians such as Manfred, Danel and Pražac quartets, brings him to play regularly within various groups throughout the world (Belgium, Austria, France, Switzerland, Slovakia, Italy, Russia, Canada, China, Taïwan). Hear Jean-Samuel in Richmond Hill, Ontario on November 24, 2018!
Canadian pianist Jean-Luc Therrien, originally from Repentigny, Quebec, has been actively performing in Canada and abroad. In 2016, he toured across Quebec and the Maritimes as part of the Jeunesses Musicales Canada’s Emerging Artists Concerts on tour, with a program which included his own transcription of Franz Liszt’s symphonic poem Les Préludes. A few months later, he also made his orchestral debut in Asia with the Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra.
Over the years, Jean-Luc has stood out in many competitions such as the Luigi Zanuccoli International Music Competition (Chamber Music Prize), the Mauro Paolo Monopoli Prize International Piano Competition, (3rd prize and audience prize) and the Canadian Music Competition’s Stepping Stone (3rd prize). He won the Soloists Competition of the Trois-Rivières Music Conservatory four times and consequently performed several concerts with the conservatory’s orchestra as well as the Orchestre Symphonique de Trois-Rivières. Jean-Luc was also awarded several prizes, including the Gilles-Gauthier Excellence Award, the Wilfrid-Pelletier Excellence Award and the Governor General of Canada’s Academic medal, as well as a grant from the Canadian Council for the Arts, which allowed him to pursue postgraduate studies in Austria in 2016-17.
A graduate of the Trois-Rivières Music Conservatory, Jean-Luc received his Master’s degree in Piano Performance from the Mozarteum University in Salzburg. His principal professors have included Denise Trudel, Cordelia Höfer-Teutsch and George Kern. He was also invited by the Boston University Tanglewood Institute, the Académie Orford Musique and the Académie de Musique et de Danse du Domaine Forget to study with renowned pianists such as Boaz Sharon, Jacques Rouvier and Benedetto Lupo. Since September 2017, Jean-Luc has been in the ACP Program (Advanced Certificate in Performance) at the University of Toronto, where he studies with Marietta Orlov on a full-tuition scholarship.
Please arrive between 7:30 and 7:50 pm. No latecomers are permitted. The private residence address (in the Heart of Richmond Hill) and free parking details will be sent upon advance seat purchase of $35 incl. HST. Limited seating is available for this intimate living room concert- advance ticket purchase required. Reception & Question & Answer period with the musicians included. The event concludes at 9:30 pm.
To bring Clearly Musical Home Concerts to -your- home or neighbourhood, please contact Joanna Grace: firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-701-8421.
Host JOANNA GRACE was selected as the “Emerging Creative Talent” for Richmond Hill in 2016. View a short video here. She is passionate about bringing people together through creative experiences, expression and education through the Clearly Musical Home Concerts.
1) Who is this event best suited for? Age 12 and up are welcome to attend. This event requires sitting attentively and quietly for 1 hour at a time. This event is best suited for those interested in live musical performances and being up close to see and hear clearly.
2) What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Free street parking is available. Close to Yonge Street, this Richmond Hill home is accessible by public transport. Details are sent with your RSVP and payment. Please be aware that this location is not wheelchair accessible and has steps to the front door and also to the washroom inside. If you have challenges with stairs, please communicate your concerns with the organizer before purchasing a ticket.
3) If you have pet or food allergies or sensitivities that may inhibit your enjoyment of this performance, please contact Joanna Grace before purchasing a ticket.
4) Can I purchase a ticket at the door? No, there are no ticket sales at the door. Because this a private residence and an intimate up-close experience, all seats must be reserved in advance.
5) What’s the refund policy? There are no refunds. If you wish to transfer your seat to someone else, kindly let us know who is coming in your place. Contact Joanna Grace email@example.com 647-701-8421 Hope you can join us
Please join us November 24 at 2:00 pm!