Nov. 8 FOCUS on Canadian Composers
The Clearly Musical Home Concert Series, hosted by Joanna Grace, features musicians in unique, up-close musical experiences that cannot be matched in large concert halls. In the Heart of Richmond Hill, these concerts bridge the gap between audiences and performers. You will have the opportunity to clearly see and hear the performance and ask questions to learn more about guitarists Steve Cowan and Adam Cicchillitti!
About This Concert: Focus on Canadian Composers
This concert is built around a new album of Canadian works that guitarists Steve Cowan and Adam Cicchillitti will be releasing with Analekta in October 2019. These pieces aim to push the technical limits of the instrument and communicate a message that is boldly Canadian; one that celebrates the variety of musical influences that inspire our composers. From the Balinese gamelan to heavy metal, from progressive rock to Latin American grooves, the album “Focus” fuses an eclectic mix of popular musical styles with classical music through the medium of the guitar. Funded by MusicAction and the Canada Council for the Arts, Cicchillitti and Cowan champion the 21st century guitar with their “focus” on new Canadian music.
FAQs 1) Can I purchase a ticket at the door? No, there are no ticket sales at the door. Because this a private residence and an intimate up-close experience, all seats must be reserved in advance. Seats are $42 including HST. https://november8concert.eventbrite.ca
2) Where is this event? Close to Yonge Street, this Richmond Hill home is accessible by public transport and free street parking is available. The exact address is sent with your RSVP and payment.
3) Is this location fully accessible? Please be aware that this location is not wheelchair accessible and has steps to the front door and also to the washroom inside. If you have challenges with stairs, please communicate your concerns with the organizer before purchasing a ticket.
4) What if I have allergies? If you have pet or food allergies or sensitivities that may inhibit your enjoyment of this performance, please contact Joanna Grace before purchasing a ticket.
5) Who is this event best suited for? Age 12 and up are welcome to attend. This event requires sitting attentively and quietly. This event is best suited for those interested in live musical performances and being up close to see and hear clearly.
6) What’s the refund policy? There are no refunds unless the concert is cancelled. If you wish to transfer your seat to someone else, kindly let us know who is coming in your place. Contact Joanna Grace firstname.lastname@example.org 647-701-8421.
Please join us Nov 8 at 8 pm! For advance tickets, visit https://november8concert.eventbrite.ca